Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (70 Views)

Tivo restarting unexpectedly and going slow

Our Tivo box reboots itself every now and again for no apparent reason, often when we are watching a programme and then takes about 5 minutes to restart.  Any other programmes being recorded are lost.  It is also getting slow at loading programmes, but is less than half full.

I have tried to contact Virgin on their help chat, but it is either shut or busy, so a compete waste of time!  I looked at the complaints chat, but that closes at 5pm, so presumably that avoids getting any complaints!

Am I wasting my time with this (the Wifi router has never worked so I use a separate one) or is there a fix?  Do Virgin even care?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (46 Views)

Re: Tivo restarting unexpectedly and going slow

Hi ECH1

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end, e're detecting some errors and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (35 Views)

Re: Tivo restarting unexpectedly and going slow

Hi Eian

Thanks for taking the time to confirm the appointment, I appreciate it.

I'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos