Menu
narm71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote changes the volume - when I don't want it to!

Hi,

Have a new Virgin Media installation. One immediate snag, when we use the left and right buttons on the Tivo remote to navigate through the menus, it changes the volume on the TV (volume goes down for left arrow and up for right arrow). This mean that if you do a few right navigations, you are soon at a very high volume level or a few left ones means it is down to nothing.

The volume button on the Tivo works fine. But we could do without this annoyance as we navigate through the menus.

The television is an LG.

The engineer noted this on install and reset the Tivo control (having tried a 2nd controller to check it wasn't a controller fault) and thought it was working ok, but when we went to use it ourselves the problem was back.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo remote changes the volume - when I don't want it to!

Hi narm71,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that the remote navigation buttons is causing your TV to change volume. 

Apart from resetting the remote I'm not sure what else you can do. It sounds like the TV is picking up the signal however if it's reset, it shouldn't do this. 

What is the model of the TV you have? 

Let us know and we'll see what we can find out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi narm71,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm really sorry to hear that the remote navigation buttons is causing your TV to change volume. 

Apart from resetting the remote I'm not sure what else you can do. It sounds like the TV is picking up the signal however if it's reset, it shouldn't do this. 

What is the model of the TV you have? 

Let us know and we'll see what we can find out. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
narm71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your reply.

I tried numerous controller resets, but to no avail. I then went through every option on the TV's menu, but nothing seemed out of place.

As a last resort, I then tried a factory reset on the TV, which has now worked and the controller and volume are both behaving! I can't see that I have anything set up differently from before, but something has done the trick. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there narm71,

Thanks for getting back to us about this.

I'm happy to hear that this has resolved itself, although it is indeed a strange one.

Let me know if there is anything more that I can do to help.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos