Menu
aylesby
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings claim to be days long and failing on Premier Sport

On a few occasions this month when recording TV shows (NHL games) ~2 hours long the (1T) tivo box claims the show was 14 days/18 days long. When viewing the recording the bar across the bottom shows a scale between 0 and 2 hours but has only recorded about 5 minutes.  This has only happened when recording replays of NHL games on Premier Sport (admittedly this is the main thing I record). It doesn't happen every time (approx 4 times in 25 recording). Deleting and resetting the series record has not had any effect. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recordings claim to be days long and failing on Premier Sport

I wonder if you have HDD issues with the box. Might be sensible to give them a ring and get it looked at remotely.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi aylesby

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with the recordings on your TiVo service lately.

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're seeing no problems with the set top box at the moment though. Are you noticing this issue occur when recording any other content from any other channel since your post?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aylesby
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response

The Tivo  (1T box) is used to record all the NHL games. The last two failures were 13 January 2017 @ 08.30 and 11 January 2017 @ 08.00. We had four incidents all this year and before using the forum and none since.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey aylesby

Thanks for the fast response, it's certainly a strange issue. I've searched NHL on the TiVo in the office and set both the live and pre-recorded to be recorded from now on.

Next time you notice this occur, let us know and I'll check on our box to see if it's an issue with the program or if it's an issue with your individual set top box.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
aylesby
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Craig

After the January problems the Tivo IT box had performed as it should up to 13/04/2017 when the problem reoccurred.

The NHL hockey series link Columbus v Pittsburgh @ 08.00 - 10.00 on 13/04 usually a 2.05 hour recording but claims to be 18 days 19 hours and 37 minutes but only the first 5 minutes are playable. The program before and after were recorded and are fine.

Frank

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frank

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the problems with your service. Are you able to check your recording hiccups to see if there's an entry for the recording on the 13th? 

Craig

0 Kudos
aylesby
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Did not understand the request

The NHL hockey series link Columbus v Pittsburgh @ 08.00 - 10.00 on 13/04/2017 is usually a 2.05 hour recording but this recording claims to be 18 days 19 hours and 37 minutes long  but only the first 5 minutes are playable. The program before and after this failed recordings are fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frank 

Sorry for the confusion, if you press home, then go to your shows and you'll see an option for recording hiccups. 

Click that, find the show that you've mentioned and you;ll see some information about why it was recorded as it was on the right hand column.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar issue last year when I was testing/trialling the latest TiVo software. I noticed on a couple of RC releases (that only us testers had) that a couple of recordings that were only a couple of hours long were showing on the info bar as lasting several days! In my case though both recordings were OK and played back fine. Never seen this happen on the official RC though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos