Menu
Scooterstu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo program selection

Good afternoon, for the past few days on the 'programs' there has and still is a lot of channels with 'To be announced' showing, this is happening on channels that are already showing the next program. Because of this trying to plan my viewing as well as trying to set up recordings is almost impossible, when will this problem be sorted.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo program selection

When you phone it in. It looks like an individual fault. You can try re-booting your box first. That may cure it. It's a failed network connexion so the EPG is not up-dating.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you phone it in. It looks like an individual fault. You can try re-booting your box first. That may cure it. It's a failed network connexion so the EPG is not up-dating.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scooterstu

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account to help get this fixed Man Happy

From testing the set top box, we're seeing it as non responsive at the moment. Would you know if it was turned off at the time of this post? If it's in standby then that should be fine, it's just if it's powered off by the wall.

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Scooterstu
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig sorry about the delay in replying. The problem is still there, and with me watching the Rugby World Cup at the moment I cannot record programmes I would like because of the notice on individual pages. My TV is never switched off at the wall, only put on stand by. I am in all day today if you would like to call me to see if we can get to the bottom of this, and thank you for all your help in this annoying hic cup. 

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Stuart, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. and I'm really sorry to hear that you are continuing to see no guide details. I've run some testing on your TiVo® this morning, and am able to communicate with it, all power levels are looking fine and the hard drive isn't reporting any untoward activity. I can however see that the EPG is not updating. 

I've some some things my end, in order to rectify this, and it hasn't made much difference, so would now need to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further for you. So I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving. Please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Stuart, 

Just checking to see if you were able to view my message from yesterday as I've not had a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange a technician to call out then please let me know. 

In the mean time if there are any shows that you'd like to record, there is a work around. You could make a Manual recording - where you set the date and time of the programme, it's not ideal, but at least you shouldn't miss out on your programmes. To set a manual recording go to

HOME > MY SHOWS & RECORDINGS > MANUAL RECORDINGS

Let me know if you'd like a technician arranged.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Scooterstu
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Hue, the engineer came this morning, and it all checked out fine. None of the channels had the @To Be Announced on, even channels that were not on (BBC3/4) theres was the normal message. Unfortunatly I have just scrolled through the channels, and the problem is back. At the moment it is on about 30% of them, but it seems to change on some channels and not others. Can you please get a engineer to call please, I will be in most of the weekend, (Rugby's on), and I will be in on Monday as well.

Thank you for all your help, but it looks like I shall need a new TiVo box I think.

Stuart Haddock 

0 Kudos