Menu
Pj6
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo channels

Last week or two hd channels on tivo look out of focus a bit like watching an sd channel and some sd channels are unwatchable
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo channels

Hi Pj6,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear your having trouble with your picture quality.

Is the picture constantly poor quality or is it intermittent? Do you get any digital break up or pixilation on screen? Is the sound affected at all?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pj6
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The sound is fine but the picture looks like it needs fine tuning to make it clear all the time,no break up or pixilation,picture quality just not as good as it has been for years,and ive noticed tivo box has slowed down quite a bit,cheers josh
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pj6,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've got a few things I'd like you to try:-

• Reseat the HDMI lead  - Unplug the HDMI form both ends then replace it
  • Test a different HDMI port in the TV - If it's currently in HDMI 1, try it in HDMI 2
  • Try another HDMI lead (if you have one spare)

If you can perform these tests, we can rule out the TV and cables as the cause of the fault.

Also, there's something you can try to help speed up the box. Go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' sound and screen will go blank for a few seconds. Once it comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up.

Josh

0 Kudos
Pj6
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ive done the thumbs trick and now the tivo is faster when i press the my shows there is no circle in the middle of the screen waiting for the 4 boxes at the top of the screen to load,ive swapped leads and ports but sd picture not as good as it was,sky sports sd was bad this weekend fuzzy and out of focus,im not technical but going on diagnostics some of the signal strengths are as low as 29 percent,would that make some channels out of focus
0 Kudos
Pj6
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The speeding up trick didnt last long tried to watch a program i had recorded today and the circle in the middle of the screen came back, only this time it couldnt load the program and error code C501 came up on screen,never seen this before
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pj6,

Thanks for posting!

I'd like to send a technician to take a look at your set up. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Josh

0 Kudos