Menu
flower2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box remote control

Most of the lettering has disappeared from my remote, making it very difficult to use the buttons.  I understood from a post on here before that remotes were replaced free of charge for this problem, but it seems I have to pay £9.99 for mine.  Why is that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box remote control

You don't, whoever told you that was wrong, phone 150 select tv faults wait till it ran it;s tests and a human will answer, tell them your remote is faulty and they'll dispatch a new one

0 Kudos
flower2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply.  I did phone them, that's when I was told it would cost me £9.99.  Apparently, not being able to see the buttons is not considered a 'fault'.  Which is quite ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi flower2

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced lately, danny is correct in that we'd normally send a remote out in this situation so apologies for this not happening.

I've been able to locate your account to make sure this has been sorted and I can see you've been credited back for the remote, which is excellent news.

I'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos