Menu
Speedwayjules10
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box randomly deleting

Why is my Virgin Tivo box randomly deleting programmes even though I have marked them keep until I delete? Also it seems to have started only keeping some recordings for 24 hours !
It seems to have a mind of its own and I'm left with a very upset toddler because her favourite programmes have gone!
Any help would be very much appreciated as if it continues I shall be looking to leave Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box randomly deleting

Hi Speedwayjules10,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that some of your recordings aren't sticking around.  I would like to help check this out for you.

I have had a look at your box remotely and I'm pleased to say that there are no errors with the hard drive status so far.  Can you please let me know how much space you have used/left please?  This will show near the top of the screen in My Shows. 

Are the recordings that are going missing showing int he Recently Deleted Folder?  It's worth checking to see if they are recoverable.  If not, try a reboot of the box to refresh things over.  

If you can let me know how things are going, I'm happy to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Speedwayjules10
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collected
Our box is 75% full. The deleted recordings never appear in the recently deleted folder either - it's a real pain as we have missed lots of programmes and we're not getting the service we're paying for.
Any assistance you can offer would be greatly received. If this can't be resolved we shall be looking at other providers
J
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When TiVo auto-deletes because it needs space for future recording, the recordings don't appear in the recently deleted folder because that uses up space and would defeat the purpose of TiVo creating space.

You say that you are missing out on watching programs you have recorded to watch but you've never found time to watch them before now.

How many hours of recordings can a TiVo box store?

0 Kudos
Speedwayjules10
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.
For your info we choose to save numerous programs for our children to watch hence it's 75% full.
Also if I've marked the programmes to keep until I delete surely they shouldn't be deleted?
J
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speedwayjules10,

Thanks for the response!

You've mentioned you have the recordings set to 'Keep until I delete'. Is that on individual series links or in the default recording options?

To check this just go to Home, Help and Settings, Settings and then Recordings. Also check the 'Keep at most' option to see how many episodes of a particular series will be kept.

Let me know if this helps!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
Speedwayjules10
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply.

I actually go into each recording and select 'keep until I delete' as I don't trust the box anymore!

The keep at most is set at 25 episodes.  The box is normally deleting one off programmes or ones with only 1 or 2 episodes - its all very odd and very frustrating!

Thanks again for your reply

J

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speedwayjules10,

That does seem like unusual behaviour for the TiVo®.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this sorted for you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos