Menu
Kevinrk49
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Remote control

Hi all
Just had installation..remote control though..geez....Smiley Sad(...The up and right arrows are so hard ....sometimes they don't move at all when trying to navigate. .
any answers??? Please...
Do I buy a universal remote now..?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Remote control

Hi Kevinrk49,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're getting slow responses when using the navigating the service.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  Are you still getting trouble when using the remote?

If so please let me know a bit more about what's happening:

* Have you tried new batteries ( I realise being a new service you  will be using  new batteries but it's good to help rule out just in case).

* Is your TiVo® inside a closed TV unit?  If so and it has doors that close this may affect the performance of the commands sent from the remote control.

* Does the slow response only occur when changing channels?  Does it occur when navigating menu through On Demand or TV Guide?

* Do you get the same kind of response when using the buttons on the front of the box itself?  

If you can please get back to me with the above information I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kevinrk49
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collete
No the box is fine it's the remote itself.
All other commands are fine and responsive no matter what function I use either on remote..going to catch up /on demand etc it's just the navigation button on the very top of the remote. ..THE UP AND THE RIGHT are very stiff and un responsive.
Sometimes I just have to leave it or try very very hard to navigate these commands by force..which isn't doing the rest of the remote any good..plus I don't want to break it further.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply Kevinrk49,

If it's the remote at fault, follow this post here:

Replacement TiVo® Remote Controls

So you can get yourself a shiny new one.  I'm sorry the current one is faulty, we'll be happy to replace this for you.

Let me know how you get on, we're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Kevinrk49
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again
I've now been informed that I have to be a exact when pressing the button to navigate.
Like I have to press exactly on the arrows and all is well.
It's a bit finicky but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
So thank you very much for all your advice and support up to now and I'm happy that a replacement is not necessary.

Regards

Kevin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Kevin Smiley Happy

I hope all works out ok.  If you do have any further problems with the remote control or anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout.  We're here if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy