Menu
TazzyK
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Keeps Rebooting Every Morning???

I first noticed this last Wednesday (I think), when I was watching TV at around 8.25am and the Tivo box started to reboot.  A few minutes later, it came back on.  I assumed Virgin were carrying out some sort of maintenance as there were some 'known' faults in the area (some of my services were affected, including the apps - error A01).  I checked my apps, and my "favourites" was empty!  So I added my favourite apps back to my favourites list, even though they still weren't working.

This was fixed by the following day or two, however, since then, most mornings I've found my Tivo box to be turned on, seemingly by itself.  I've been telling my kids off for not putting the TV box on standby when they've finished with it, but I don't think it is them.  This morning, I turned the Tivo box on, but had no sound or picture.  Suddenly, the box started to reboot.

Are VM doing something in the background or is my box faulty?  I have an engineer booked for Wednesday due to my 'power levels' being off which apparently only relates to my uploads but I'm wondering if there is a connection?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Keeps Rebooting Every Morning???

Hello TazzyK,

Thanks for posting

I can see the technician has been, we would love to hear how this went and if the problems with your TiVo® box have been fixed.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
TazzyK
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Keeps Rebooting Every Morning???

Hi.

The engineer's been and found everything to be ok.  He was actually there for a different fault but he said that on occasions I will find my Tivo boxed turned on in the mornings and / or rebooting as VM send a lot of updates during the night.

0 Kudos