Menu
martingorman
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box noises

Is it normal for my Tivo box to be so noisy? It churns away constantly as if there are cogs inside. My previous Virgin Media box was completely silent.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Box noises

Your TiVo has an HDD in it which is continually buffering the channels it's tuned to in order that it can rewind live TV, or record an entire programme from when you turn the TV on (as long as it's started within the past 60 mins).

Was your previous box one of these:

or one of these?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your TiVo has an HDD in it which is continually buffering the channels it's tuned to in order that it can rewind live TV, or record an entire programme from when you turn the TV on (as long as it's started within the past 60 mins).

Was your previous box one of these:

or one of these?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
martingorman
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It was the second picture, a V box.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That would be why - the V-HD box has no means to record, therefore no moving parts inside it to make any noise.

martingorman
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos