Menu
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Box - become a new customer?

Hey all

I currently pay around £80 for 60mb broadband, tv xl and a phone package. I have the old v box and pay rental for it

I was going to cancel the lot tonight. I hardly use the phone and most the channels seem pretty poor (the extra sports channel does not excite me at all, and i dont get atlantic)

However ive looked at the deals and notice the 'big easy' offers 50mb broadband (almost the same), tv medium and a tivo box for £38.99 including line rental.

Now im pretty sure if i asked to be moved to the big easy virgin would charge me for the tivo in some way.

But as a customer of 20 years (from telewest days) i would prefer not to pay for something new customers get for free.

If i cancelled everything then reapplied in a couple of months would i then be a 'new customer' applicable for the offers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo Box - become a new customer?

Im sure there will be a deal to be done, if your not in conctract give them a call.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Deals for "Returning" customers are at VM's discression. You may get a new customer deal after 3 months, you may not. Depends how desparate they are to get you back. Sky operate the same policy. New customer deals are 18 month lock-ins.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

well i got the big easy complete with free tivo so will settle for that

im installing it myself, fingers crossed that it is simple!

0 Kudos
pengedragon
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well done on the deal
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev1972,

Thanks for posting.

Congratulations on becoming a fully-fledged TiVo® user. I hope you're enjoying it so far and it wasn't too much hassle to install.

I've included a link here which will supply you with loads of hints and tips to get you started.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Trev1972
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Rich

The tivo is fine

However i was told on the phone that there would be no tivo charge providing i installed it myself

I was quite disappointed therefore to see this on my new bill under 'one off charges'

QuickStart Self Install Set up5 August£20.00

It isnt a massive amount, but it is annoying that the deal agreed is not the deal i got.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The £20 is a courier charge to deliver the box & return packing. There is no activation charge on the 500Gb box. Think its a case of yourself & CS getting your wires crossed.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos