Menu
Ian9999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Time to review

My monthly bill is seemingly always over eighty quid, is going up again for something I don't want and so it's time for some trimming. The Virgin broadband is good, but the TV offering less so with lots of repeat channels and ones that I want such as Sky Atlantic, missing.

Going down to cable plus obligatory landline then adding something like Now TV, and/or Amazon Prime, Netflicks looks like a good solution provided I can put up with having a number of remote controls.

Has anyone reviewed and costed these alternatives?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Plastivore
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time to review

Looking at the fact that £3 are going to be added to my bill for a channel I don't want, with the optical out on my TiVo not working with Dolby Digital a couple days after the rise was announced, combined with a half price offer on Sky TV for 12 months, I'm considering keeping only the broadband with Virgin (I don't need the phone line, I use a VoIP service with a local phone number), and go with Sky for the TV.

It'll eventually be a few pounds more expensive than what I currently have, but at least it'll be for channels I want.

Netflix is pretty good as well. As the first month is free, you can give it a good try before you jump ship. Just don't use it on your TiVo (unless you enjoy buffering).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Ian9999
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I guess this has been asked a thousand times before, but for an up to date answer... Is it possible to downsize your Virgin Media package online?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ian9999 wrote:

I guess this has been asked a thousand times before, but for an up to date answer... Is it possible to downsize your Virgin Media package online?

And here's the answer that is given every time - no. Phone in or use web chat (if you can - Contact Us link at bottom of this page). But you are welcome.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos