Menu
unolie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Time to jump ship for Sky Q?

I think it might be time to finally give up on the questionable service from VM and take up sky on their latest offering. I have the full house TV, 150 vivid and telephone and just been told I would need to pay £80 to upgrade the utterly hopeless TiVo box to v6, extra for another box on my multiroom and still stuck with my hub 2 that gives a whopping 60mps at best on WiFi and a range of about 3m! For then same monthly fee I can get sky q multiroom, equivalent TV and phone AND a 32inch LG TV.

Why oh why can't VM see that they should be keeping their existing customers rather than chasing newbies all the time.

Grayza
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time to jump ship for Sky Q?

I totally agree with you its time VM'S long time faithful customers got a better deal instead of only giving the good deals to new customers especially after all the package price increases we got hit with last year.

LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky do exactly the same with thier existing customers, if sky are offering you something good it's because they view you as a new customer.
0 Kudos
unolie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Partially true Little Mick, but they aslo seem to have good deals for existing too - including Xmas presents! What did I get from VM? Oh that's right away price increase AGAIN!!

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am on the verge of scrapping TV altogether and just having broadband. The original functioning Cisco TiVo I had packed in a couple of months ago and the replacement Samsung TiVo is very slow and not fit for purpose.  I have subscribed to Now TV to get on demand that actually works. I can get multiroom TV with three Roku sticks for less than £100 and a few Now TV passes to watch some movies, Sky Atlantic, Fox and Sports.  

Only reason I have it right now is Virgin made me an offer I couldn't refuse back in September.  Might go with BT to get BT Sport.

0 Kudos