Menu
reararranger
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Time for a Software Update?

I've become frustrated with the slow speed of the virgin media catch-up service. Now I use my laptop to looking for catch-up streaming. Much clearer! Much faster! The dedicated iplayer/ itv player, all4 sites are so clearly arranged as opposed to dull graphics of the virgin media. But since they're using the same cable why are the stand alones so much faster?

Question. My software is version 4. Are there software upgrades available to improve performance? And how do I access and download them.

Surely VM can improve these resources?

And...er......Sky Atlantic?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
PriestyUK
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Time for a Software Update?

I hear what your saying, I too feel the same, I use my computer or phone then ping it across to my chromecast, like you say much more faster, clearer and easier to navigate and fine new programs etc Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Things might improve with the new TiVO thats in the pipeline, but you wont see any changes with the older boxes.

As far as Sky Atlantic is concerned, if Sky wont wholesale the channel to any third party provider there is nothing Virgin can do about it. Bringing out the Now TV box (that Sky have a stake in) means they can effectively bypass all their competitors & sell the channel direct to anyone with a Broadband connection.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
PriestyUK
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I hear what your saying, I too feel the same, I use my computer or phone then ping it across to my chromecast, like you say much more faster, clearer and easier to navigate and fine new programs etc Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Things might improve with the new TiVO thats in the pipeline, but you wont see any changes with the older boxes.

As far as Sky Atlantic is concerned, if Sky wont wholesale the channel to any third party provider there is nothing Virgin can do about it. Bringing out the Now TV box (that Sky have a stake in) means they can effectively bypass all their competitors & sell the channel direct to anyone with a Broadband connection.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Manageddon
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I feel exactly the same as this customer, the catch up service is dire.

I have to watch catch up via my built in freeview on the Samsung TV, the quality is far superior to VM.

I pay a lot of money and ive been a customer since January 2004, its a joke.

Infact your getting a call on Monday morning to cancel half my services due to your new price hike, 2 in a year may I add.

Your broadband is about the only good thing about VM.