Menu
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Time for Upgrade - Advice

Hello everyone hope you're all well, it's been quite some time since my last post. I've been with VM for almost 3 years now and can happily say I've had no issues and love their service. Now I think it;s time for upgrade, perhaps major upgrade but before I make the move I would like to ask the community for advice.

I recently agreed to a new contract (12 month) and was offered the following:-

TV Package: M

Broadband: 152 Fibre Optic

Phone: Talk Unlimited

Cost: £59.49/month

Looks like I have their Big Easy Bundle.

I would like to opt for Sports channel: BT Sports HD & Sky Sports HD and also have TiVO in my bedroom. 

Since it's only been 2 months within my new contract does that mean I would need to pay additional charge to have it fixed? What would be the best possible way on having the additional upgrades? As over the telephone I read you are directed to international staffs which can cause issues maybe? What would be the final cost per month? Does VM offer one off payment instead of paying monthly basis?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time for Upgrade - Advice

The channels you are wanting to add are premium channels, so are treated differently to the channel "packs" (M, L etc). These can be taken on a rolling monthly contract, which you have to take for 30 days, but can then cancel.

Sky Sports collection costs £29 per month, plus £7 a month for the Sky premium HD surcharge if you want HD.

BT Sports (inc HD) adds another £18 a month.

There are also other options you can look at, as BT Sports is included with XL TV (Big Kahuna upwards), & you can add Sky Sports to this, possibly with a reduced cost, but with a 12 month "lock-in" contract.

Adding another TiVO will increase your rental by £11.50 a month, plus a one-off install charge (as wiring changes are required it will have to be a manned install) of £49. There also may be an activation charge.

There is no option to pay a year in advance with any TV provider.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello nodrogd thanks for reply, so if I wanted to add both Sky Sports HD & BT Sports HD it would cost me an additonal:

Sky Sports: £29 + £7 = £36

BT Sports: £18

£36 + £18 = £54/month +  £59.49 (current monthly cost) = £113.49/month !! Damn that's expensive plus I haven't even added the additional TiVO Box

What will happen to my current contract if I was to cancel or add new channels? Would I have to fix cancellation fee? 

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I work the bill to be £85.74 by upgrading to the Big Kahuna Bundle.

This will give all sports, but Sky Sports not in HD (£7 extra) - it also does not include an extra Tivo

I'd be tempted to call them and ask ..... you may be suprised

EDIT - this price was from "my upgrades page"

0 Kudos
Xian
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Big K does not include Sky Sports at all.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

farhanAli20 wrote:

Hello nodrogd thanks for reply, so if I wanted to add both Sky Sports HD & BT Sports HD it would cost me an additonal:

Sky Sports: £29 + £7 = £36

BT Sports: £18

£36 + £18 = £54/month +  £59.49 (current monthly cost) = £113.49/month !! Damn that's expensive plus I haven't even added the additional TiVO Box

What will happen to my current contract if I was to cancel or add new channels? Would I have to fix cancellation fee? 

You can upgrade channel packs without incurring penalties. Downgrading is another matter, as you have agreed to take the channels for the minimum period. The best thing to do is talk to Retentions (150 option 4 then 5). They will certainly be able to offer you the best deal price wise. But watch out for those minimum periods.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I know that - perhaps I should have rephased it and said you need the add on pack ....

0 Kudos
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. Is there such thing as 30 day rolling contract for Sky Sports or BT Sport or both?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

30 Day rolling contract on Sky Sports if not taken with the "Big Daddy" bundle. 30 Day rolling contract on BT Sports if you are not on XL TV, or one of the Bundles that contains it (Big Kahuna, Big Daddy).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
farhanAli20
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey, i
0 Kudos