Menu
Liz71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo slow and freezing

My move to virgin from
sky has not been a happy one...box constantly freezes, can take up to 3 minutes for a selected option to come up, catch up/iPlayer etc takes even longer - and that's if the whole thing doesn't crash and show me a green screen. Is this really how virgin tv should be? Disappointed 😥
0 Kudos
carolg01
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo slow and freezing

We have had the same problem for over a month and its getting worse, most of the time we cant watch on demand as it says temporarily unavailable, trying to load our recorded programs takes 3-4 minutes to load and then when it gets to the program, it disappears, and now its started multi recording programs too. The service has never ben worse, I tried last week to contact virgin without any luck and today I have hung on twice for 21 minutes each time, to be told "the other person has cleared" I've tried connecting them on the chat over the internet, and they are too busy. There are obviously a lot of very unhappy customers at the moment. I'm looking to move to Sky, even if it costs more, as at least we should be able to watch the programs we are paying for then.

0 Kudos
Liz71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Interesting you should mention the "multi-recording". I have noticed it a few times; TiVo recording programmes I didn't request or repeatedly recording same programmes. I assumed I'd pressed something wrong but was getting more suspicious as to whether it was me. Not a good service Virgin - please sort it otherwise I will be leaving ASAP, even if I do have to fight you over breach of contract!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Liz71 wrote:
Interesting you should mention the "multi-recording". I have noticed it a few times; TiVo recording programmes I didn't request or repeatedly recording same programmes. I assumed I'd pressed something wrong but was getting more suspicious as to whether it was me. Not a good service Virgin - please sort it otherwise I will be leaving ASAP, even if I do have to fight you over breach of contract!

That sounds like Suggestions. To turn them off choose Home/Help&Settings/Settings/Recordings/Suggestions and turn them off.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos