Menu
ZephyrGyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVO Standalone watching?

The TV service isn't working at the moment.  I would expect to be able to watch all my recorded programmes however I can't...should I be able to?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO Standalone watching?

Highlight the show in the list and just press the Play button on the remote control.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
ZephyrGyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the list was showing then I would but I get no output from the TiVo. Rebooting it also doesn't achieve anything, since i suspect it's trying to communicate with the head end/provisioning system and of course there's no network. However, I would expect it to fail over into a standalone mode until connection is re-established.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Prior to a reboot I'd have expected you to be able to play back content, but you're right, it's looking for a network connection.

Rung it in yet?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello ZephyrGyn,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you were experiencing issues with your TIVo® box.

From the description you have given I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos