Menu
alferd
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TiVO Picture and Sound Cut In and Out

The picture and sound cut in and out and there's nothing you can do to stop it. It happens on recorded programmes as well as when watching live.

It usually lasts a minute or two.

I have tried resetting the box and reseating all the cables etc.

I've taken a video of it, wondered if there was a support address I could email it to.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: aig,Re: TiVO Picture and Sound Cut In and Out

Hey Alex

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly, it does sound as if there's a physical issue with the set top box so in the interest of getting this issue resolved ASAP I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO Picture and Sound Cut In and Out

Hi alferd,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

I've run diagnostics on the box and everything is looking healthy at the moment. Does the picture just drop out or does it pixilate/ break up?

The diagnostics also show the box has been online for quite a while. How have you been rebooting the box? For a full reboot, you need to switch the box off at the mains, leave it off for about a minute then switch it back on.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alferd
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding, Josh. The picture (and sound) stops and starts (about once a second) and sometimes the picture sort of smears between frames.

I've attached a video.

NB the TV is not actually on it's side Smiley Wink

This has been going on for about 6 months. Have done resets from the menu and also switched off the box a few times.

cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

alferd

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, are you noticing this issue occur on multiple channels? Is this with live feed, recorded content or both? 

As Josh has mentioned, we're not detecting any errors when looking at this from our end so if you're still experiencing the issue, let us know and we'll look to escalate this as soon as possible. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
alferd
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

aig,Re: TiVO Picture and Sound Cut In and Out

Hi Craig,

it happens with both live and recorded programmes. You can replay the glitchy part. I've really no idea how the box works but that makes me think there might just be bad sectors on the hard drive? Does your remote analysis cover that sort of thing? Would formatting the drive help? We don't really care about our recorded programmes that much.

I haven't seen it happen for several days now but it was always fairly intermittent. You can go for a week or two sometimes without it happening.

cheers,

alferd

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alfred

Thanks for the fast response, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing at the moment. 

We're not detecting any issues with your hard drive or the set top box, have you been able to check how the set top box is connected to the TV? Are you noticing the picture and sound cut out when you're in the menu or program schedule too? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
alferd
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

the connection to the TV is HDMI and seems fine. I'll try it in another port though.

Never seen it happen on the menu and, as I say, you can rewind and watch the glitch. I don't think the connection to the telly would affect the recorded programme?

cheers,

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Alex

Thanks again for getting back to me so quickly, it does sound as if there's a physical issue with the set top box so in the interest of getting this issue resolved ASAP I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

We'll speak soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alferd

Thanks for confirming the appointment and for the contact information, we'd love to hear how the appointment goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward. 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos