Menu
MSRStewart
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVO Installation Complaint

Hi All,

We had an engineer attend yesterday to install our new TiVo service.  I noticed last night while plugging something in, that the engineer has in fact used the power adapter from the Sky box (I was under the impression TiVo came with a transformer).  I checked the box that the TiVo came out of and no cables were present, I then decided to check the HDMI cable and low and behold, he's used the Sky cables again!

Also didn't leave an Ethernet cable for the Superhub, although I wouldn't be surprised if this is standard.

Not happy at all at the moment, but to make matters worse, he's also capped off the Sky cables outside (admittedly to use the same hole to bring the coax through, which he probably did discuss with my partner).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVO Installation Complaint

Hi MSRStewart,

I am sorry to read that there's been an installation that has left you a little uneasy about this, the tools and equipment they wold have should be enough and would not need any of your own equipment.

I would like to ask if you've been able to give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and speak to one of the team to discuss this?

I would love to help and if not already done so, I would like to help. 

Take care and thank you for coming back to the Community again.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
MSRStewart
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I'd assume, so I don't see why he's either taken the cables for himself, or short cut by using existing cables. Just not happy about it at all.

Have also checked my "Invoice" and I've been charged for the install, when I was told it would be free.

Could you look into that for me as well please?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MSRStewart,

Thanks for the update, I am saddened to hear that you didn't have a more positive installation experience.  I will be happy to check this further for you, firstly I would like to request further details if that's ok?

I will request the details via a private message.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

msr stewart tivo box does come with power adapter he shouldnt have used the adapter from sky box to use for virgin tivo because it wouldnt work a sky box transformer for use on tivo and he shouldnt have used the sky cables for same virgin hole to coax through house its wrong equipment to use on cable many thanks jonni
0 Kudos