Menu
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The mystery of BT Sport europe

Hello all

We know bt sport europe is coming. We know its 1st of august. However today i've discovered this:

http://keepup.virginmedia.com/sports/virgin-media-football?intcmpid=CAB_Discover_Product_T3Campaign_...

The twitter account is bragging about having all the sports with a rather crazy seizure inducing tweet.

However no one seems to want to tell me if bt sport europe will be in XL tv or not. I understand they can't really announce everything yet due to agreements or stuff but can they just delete the webpage stating itll be in the big kahuna sports pack?? i have no idea what that is. No vm staff can answer as it appears their hands are tied. Why on earth publish a site they can't comment on?!

Hahah its very frustrating

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: The mystery of BT Sport europe

djr_uk wrote:

Hello all

We know bt sport europe is coming. We know its 1st of august. However today i've discovered this:

http://keepup.virginmedia.com/sports/virgin-media-football?intcmpid=CAB_Discover_Product_T3Campaign_...

The twitter account is bragging about having all the sports with a rather crazy seizure inducing tweet.

However no one seems to want to tell me if bt sport europe will be in XL tv or not. I understand they can't really announce everything yet due to agreements or stuff but can they just delete the webpage stating itll be in the big kahuna sports pack?? i have no idea what that is. No vm staff can answer as it appears their hands are tied. Why on earth publish a site they can't comment on?!

My contract is up later this month and due to a mixture of being pretty **bleep** off with VM at the moment and a desire to see what is going to happen re BT Sports Europe and the possibility or not of a new Sky Sports season ticket, I am not prepared to commit myself to a new contract at the moment.

Consequently I was intrigued when I saw that web page this afternoon and called retentions to discuss what was on offer. The woman I spoke to was honest that she, and her colleagues, were not too clear about that offer and advised that I should wait until later in the month to see what else might appear.

Happy to take her advice and hold fire for the moment.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

djr_uk wrote:

Hello all

My contract is up later this month and due to a mixture of being pretty **bleep** off with VM at the moment and a desire to see what is going to happen re BT Sports Europe and the possibility or not of a new Sky Sports season ticket, I am not prepared to commit myself to a new contract at the moment.

Consequently I was intrigued when I saw that web page this afternoon and called retentions to discuss what was on offer. The woman I spoke to was honest that she, and her colleagues, were not too clear about that offer and advised that I should wait until later in the month to see what else might appear.

Happy to take her advice and hold fire for the moment.

haha very good advice! It seems utterly bizarre of a company to launch a website with information and not know anything about it or how to respond. Maybe the department which has published said webpage is locked away in the tower or something?? It doesnt really make virgin media look professional though!

Heres our info on "bt sport europe!!1" "okay what does this mean?" "we dont know...more information to come..."

heres for some clarification soon! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Remember what happened when BT Sport first arrived.

VM stood their ground until the last minute & got a 3 year deal for the channels to be added to XL. Cross your fingers & wait. You might get lucky again.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
djr_uk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Aye nodrogd I understand they may still be trying to get an agreement with BT over it but what frustrates me is virgin media have launched a website stating its available in the big kahuna sports pack

Trying to query what this means leads to "nothing has been decided yet" "we don't know yet"

WHY LAUNCH THE SITE!!? Who's out that site up and why haven't they told everyone else! It's incredibly frustrating
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

djr_uk wrote:
Aye nodrogd I understand they may still be trying to get an agreement with BT over it but what frustrates me is virgin media have launched a website stating its available in the big kahuna sports pack

Trying to query what this means leads to "nothing has been decided yet" "we don't know yet"

WHY LAUNCH THE SITE!!? Who's out that site up and why haven't they told everyone else! It's incredibly frustrating

A teaser? I am sure that something similar happened while we were waiting for the announcement of the original VM/BT agreement. 

Plausible deniability Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Solarized
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Will be part of XL (£3 price increase)

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Solarized wrote:

Is there a link for that?  Also what will the cost be to add it to M, More, M+ or L TV?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Solarized wrote:

That would cause a huge backlash from those XL customers with no interest in sport as they would effectively be bearing the cost for something that don't want.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Solarized wrote:

That would cause a huge backlash from those XL customers with no interest in sport as they would effectively be bearing the cost for something that don't want.

I could believe that there would be a £3 additional charge for those on XL who want the channel as this would still be cheaper than the £5 charged that has been suggested elsewhere.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos