Menu
Reply
  • 3
  • 0
  • 0
Bizz11
Joining in
2,279 Views
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The 'Your TV' Channel

How come I haven't got the ' Your TV ' Channel. My brother only has freeview and he has it. Virgin advertise the programs on the channel but I can't find it.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 21.84K
  • 806
  • 3.14K
Superuser
Superuser
2,274 Views
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel

becuase vm tv is not freeview.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 35
  • 0
  • 7
connbob
On our wavelength
2,274 Views
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel

Hi,

The YourTV channel is not available on Virgin sadly. Hope this helps. You can always search for the programs you would like to watch, as they may be broadcasted on another channel, just press 'Home', and then 'Search' and you can search for any program.

------------------------
Regards, Conn
(I do not work for VM, just like to help the community out, so I may be wrong Smiley Happy)

Homeworks + 300mbps, TiVo V6 Box, Talk Anytime
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 10.48K
  • 1.04K
  • 1.97K
Superuser
Superuser
2,247 Views
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel


Bizz11 wrote:

How come I haven't got the ' Your TV ' Channel. My brother only has freeview and he has it. Virgin advertise the programs on the channel but I can't find it.


What is free to you as a viewer is not free to the channel owner. They have to pay out money for every TV "platform" they join. What "free" platforms they join will therefore depend on how deep their pockets are. As they are not on Freesat or the free channels on Sky I would suspect they aren't very deep.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 5.78K
  • 214
  • 339
Forum Team
Forum Team
2,185 Views
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel

Hello Bizz11,

 

Thanks for posting and I can see the community have already answered your question.

 

I'm just going to pop a link below to our channel guide which will show you every channel available to you in your package.

 

*Virgin Channel Guide*

 

I hope this helps and if you have any further queries just let us know Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team


New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide


0 Kudos
Reply
  • 212
  • 5
  • 35
VMViewer
Superfast
2,183 Views
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel


nodrogd wrote:

Bizz11 wrote:

How come I haven't got the ' Your TV ' Channel. My brother only has freeview and he has it. Virgin advertise the programs on the channel but I can't find it.


What is free to you as a viewer is not free to the channel owner. They have to pay out money for every TV "platform" they join. What "free" platforms they join will therefore depend on how deep their pockets are. As they are not on Freesat or the free channels on Sky I would suspect they aren't very deep.


That's not true, YourTV is on Freesat (http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels) in addition to Sky and YouView (which covers BT and TalkTalk). VM is therefore the only platform without it.

YourTV has now repositioned and branded itself as an explicitly crime focussed channel with a refreshed schedule of 100% crime programming including the aquisition of Bones and a red/blue logo replacing the purple/orange from when they had a more varied lifestyle offering.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 4.4K
  • 108
  • 1.22K
frank_gm
Community elder
2,179 Views
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: The 'Your TV' Channel


VMViewer wrote:

nodrogd wrote:

Bizz11 wrote:

How come I haven't got the ' Your TV ' Channel. My brother only has freeview and he has it. Virgin advertise the programs on the channel but I can't find it.


What is free to you as a viewer is not free to the channel owner. They have to pay out money for every TV "platform" they join. What "free" platforms they join will therefore depend on how deep their pockets are. As they are not on Freesat or the free channels on Sky I would suspect they aren't very deep.


That's not true, YourTV is on Freesat (http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels) in addition to Sky and YouView (which covers BT and TalkTalk). VM is therefore the only platform without it.

YourTV has now repositioned and branded itself as an explicitly crime focussed channel with a refreshed schedule of 100% crime programming including the aquisition of Bones and a red/blue logo replacing the purple/orange from when they had a more varied lifestyle offering.


Well, presumably, they are not coughing up for VM.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Reply