Menu
Gav1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The Walking Dead

Walking Dead series 1-5 have been removed suddenly and virgin won't explain why! I'm half way through series 4 so absolutely gutted and angry. The fact they do it without warning or explanation is so wrong.
Gav1
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Who removed walking dead 1-5?????

Surely virgin can't just remove walking dead without some warning???? I'm 4 series in and now have to just give up? It's so wrong virgin!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Who removed walking dead 1-5?????

When VM have a box set up it has a limited availability time frame from what I am aware, this information should show on said box set info when going into it. As I'm not a T.V. customer, I've no idea what kind of time frame was attached to this current Walking Dead box set.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead 1-5 Collection was made available at the beginning of September.

If it's been removed, then this would have been with the agreement or at the request of the channel - in this case FOX UK.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say the reason for it's removal is that Season 6 started in mid-October - the Collection was there for people to catch up before the new series started.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Cuppa-brew91
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TWD 1-5 box sets were due to be removed at 23:59 2nd November according to my box. I had a couple episodes left to watch in Season 5 which I planned on finishing today before they were taken down but I guess Virgin decided to pull the plug on them a little bit early.

Slightly frustrating they didn't stick to the original time but hey what can you do.
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Gav1, 

I'd firstly like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you have missed out on some of the episodes of The Walking Dead. 

Unfortunately we only had the rights to air this box set for a limited time, and the date that the show would be removed was advertised on the screen. 

From time to time we do have the complete series box set come up, and I know that The Walking Dead has been available a few times in the past, so it will probably be back at some point in the future, but I couldn't even begin to anticipate when this would happen. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But as Cuppa-brew91 pointed out it stated 23:59 Nov 2nd but at the posting of his message at 14:24 on Nov 2nd they had already been removed.

Why post a time if you are not going to stick to it?
0 Kudos
Diverhp
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's still advertised as being available to watch which is really confusing
0 Kudos