Menu
Colin3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Librarians on Catch-Up

I have a been trying to watch the first series of "The Librarians" on Catch-Up TV. However, the first 2 episodes will not play, and only produce an error message: "TV on Demand is not available......etc". The other episodes appear to play without any problem, apart from episode 7,  which is labelled as "HD", and hence will not play on my SD TV. I have tried this on 2 different boxes, so an equipment fault can be ruled out.

Can you please look into this problem as soon as possible.

I would also like to ask why you sometimes post some catch-up content in HD only? Could you not configure the catch-up to enable all content to play on both SD and HD TV's? The live TV HD content is playable on a SD TV, so why not HD programs on catch-up?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Librarians on Catch-Up

Hi Colin3,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having viewing The Librarians. 

I've passed this over to the team who deal with these kind of queries. 

With liberate boxes, we can only give you the content we are given ourselves. Most of the time the content is uploaded in SD and we try and include as much HD content as possible. 

Once I hear anything back from the team on the content, I'll let you know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Colin3
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your efforts so far in partially solving this problem. On-Demand is now showing 10 episodes of series 1 of  "The Librarians" in SD and 10 episodes in HD.

However, the first 2 episodes in SD still won't play, showing the message:  "On-Demand is temporarily unavailable".

Can you please try to fix this issue before all the episodes "mysteriously disappear" forever.

0 Kudos
Colin3
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Virgin Media, the problem is now fully resolved, and all episodes of "The Librarians" are now able to be viewed via On-Demand.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colin3, 

Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know that you are now able to view "The Librarians". Apologies for any inconvenience caused whilst we addressed this. 

Thanks again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos