Menu
Deedeew
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Craft Channel and Hochanda TV

Can you please advise if either of these new Craft Channels are going to be broadcast by Virgin?

It's a pain having to watch them on my I-pad.  Infuriating that I could get them for free if I switched from Virgin.  Freeview and Sky are already broadcasting.  Why is Virgin always last?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Craft Channel and Hochanda TV

Hi Deedeew,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It sure would be nice to give you all the latest channels but it's a little more complicated than flicking a switch.

I can see you've also posted here.

I'm afraid we've got no news on these channels coming to us. If and when we do we'll be sure to put an update up here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Deedeew wrote:

Can you please advise if either of these new Craft Channels are going to be broadcast by Virgin?

It's a pain having to watch them on my I-pad.  Infuriating that I could get them for free if I switched from Virgin.  Freeview and Sky are already broadcasting.  Why is Virgin always last?

While channels may be provided free to the customer, they are not free to the channels owners. It costs them to join each individual TV platform. They have leased a slot on Freeview, & a satellite transponder from SES, (which owns & runs the Astra Satellites that Sky & Freesat use). Both these are "open" platforms. Sky & Freesat control their EPG, but not what is available on their boxes (you can manually tune any free channels that are not in the Sky or Freesat guide). Virgin is a top to tail "closed" platform, & all the equipment in the system is run at their own expence. As such, "free" channel providers may see Virgin as a less viable option compared to channels that want to charge customers for their service.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

TheHawkster
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Because they have better taste. That channel sucks.

0 Kudos