Menu
Malcolm78
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Talking Pictures TV on Virgin please !

Isn't it about time that Virgin Media management got their heads together and instated Talking Pictures TV onto its tv channel list.I am sure that this move would prove extremely popular among older subscribers.There seems to be an absolute plethora of tv channels that cater for people in their 20's and 30's but hardly anything for people who enjoy the memories of watching b/w cinema that was at a peak in the decades 1940 to 1970.Also a while ago there was a wonderful subscription French Film channel called Cinemoi which unfortunately closed down and has not been replaced.Is there nothing you can do to pick up something for World Cinema enthusiasts.Many thanks

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talking Pictures TV on Virgin please !

Hi Malcolm78,

Taking Pictures TV is available on freeview, i know this does not answer your question but if you perhaps have a TV with built in freeview and an aerial attached you could switch to the tv's freeview input to watch this channel.

As mentioned i know this does not answer your question but it's just a workaround to help you be able to view the channel if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At the end of the day the channel has to pay Virgin to join the platform. It may be free to the customer but it costs the channel owner thousands, in some cases millions in carriage deals to join platforms, which is why the "free" offerings on the TV platforms differ.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Malcolm78
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks and great news that Talking Pictures TV is now included  on the Virgin platform .

An absolute brilliant channel and easier to record the films now for those not able to do so  via Freeview..

Can't thank you enough !

0 Kudos