Menu
Artyarty
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TVBox

My box was getting slower and slower so arranged an engineer visit. It examined it and said it was ready to be exchanged as it was over 2 years old and he could do it there and then. As I had a lot of recordings I did not want to miss he suggested I kept the box watched the recordings then phone in again.
This I did to be told there was no reason to exchange the box. He then went through a few things to speed it up. It is faster than before but still very slow.
Who do I believe?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVBox

I would believe the latter. You do not need a replacement box. Your issue is due to a performance problem with the current level of software. A solution to this problem is being worked on and hopefully it will be available sooner, rather than later.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Artyarty,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

Just wanted to confirm that what Ernie_C has said is absolutely correct. We are working on a fix for the TiVo® issue that we will be rolling out as soon as possible. A replacement TiVo® will unlikely resolve the issues you have.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Artyarty
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So there is a known issue resulting in ' below standard performance' so why have I been subjected to s PRICE INCREASE. I would have though I should get a discount until a successful solution is found.
How long have VM known about this issue?
When do they hope/expect to have the problem solved?
R
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Artyarty

I'm sorry for the problems with your TV service, we're working on the issue which is causing some users TiVo service to operate slowly and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

There's no estimated date at the moment although when there are updates available, you'll be able to view them [in this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Artyarty
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig
I would imagine that in an organisation that provides a service to paying customers that if a problem exists which affects the service that there would be a manager somewhere who would meet with the 'solution seeking team' and request from them an expected timeline of their work with an estimated deadline for the problem to be fixed and for the expected level of service to be restored. Maybe I am being naive.
If it is taking so long maybe more engineers should be put on the job or more time spent on seeking out a solution. Do you have engineers working 24 x 7 on the problem?
Someone must have some idea of how far away you are from finding a solution. Days, weeks, months or years or do your engineers think it is unsolvable?
My other concern was about VM recognising that there is a problem with the TiVo service but they increased how much I had to pay. I am interested in your thoughts about this increase.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It would be simple if this issue affected all boxes, but it does not. The majority of these boxes do work well, so a vast amount of work has to be carried out to identify what causes the problem. This then has to go through software development with teams here & in the US. Then it has to go out here on Beta test in different parts of the network to ensure it doesn't cause further issues before its cleared for release.

I can assure you it is being worked on.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Artyarty
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Just rereading the last post which is now 5 months old.
How is the mentioned 'Rollout' going? I don't think I've heard anything about it!!!
0 Kudos