Menu
Bernie843
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV video and audio go blank for around 20 seconds.

Just had Virgin installed. Got rid of Sky. The video and audio will go off leaving a black screen with white noise. After around 10 seconds the video will come back followed another 10 seconds later by the audio.

This happens on every TIVO recording, sometimes up to 3 times in a 30 minute recording and also whilst watching a live tv show.

Any body any ideas? It has not been installed for one month as of yet. Regret getting rid of Sky. Never happened with Sky.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV video and audio go blank for around 20 seconds.

It could be an issue with HDCP handshaking issues.

Have you got another HDMI cable you could try? Or a different HDMI port on the TV? (Make sure that the power is removed from TV and Tivo to be on the safe side - sometimes these outside carry some voltage if the devices are only one standby).

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It could be an issue with HDCP handshaking issues.

Have you got another HDMI cable you could try? Or a different HDMI port on the TV? (Make sure that the power is removed from TV and Tivo to be on the safe side - sometimes these outside carry some voltage if the devices are only one standby).

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bernie843,

Welcome into the Community It's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read about the video and audio going blank, I would like to ask if there has been any change since reading Argy's post to you? Thank you Argy for helping out here.

I have tested the connection my end and things are looking great so that is good news.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos