Menu
Liveoh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV service failure

TV's service completely down again. Phoned 150 for reset. Nothing happened. Phoned 150 again 'to speak to someone'. Told lines busy & would be 3 minutes. Held for some 20 minutes until line went dead. TV went dead on Sunday during Euro final - had to switch to old sky box to watch the rest of it. This is truly second rate service. Wouldn't mind if someone told me what was going on. I'm stuck in an 18 month contract. Anyone got any idea of what to do to get the service (I thought) I'd signed up to? Anyone got any idea how I ask someone from Virgin this question rather than the community?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV service failure

Hi Liveoh,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV service. Can you tell me in more detail the sorts of issues your having?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Liveoh
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is as I said. The service has gone completely down at least three times since I switched to Virgin. I was lead to believe that the fibre optics were super fast and efficient - the wifi barely reaches my son's bedroom upstairs (and we don't live in a mansion). The playback facility on the TiVo is dreadfully patchy - it flashes green/black and can take several seconds to return to a 'normal' picture. Subsequently we avoid using it if possible as it is more of a hindrance than a benefit. The 'ordinary' set top box we have in another room is of far more quality, picture and function wise. When I have phoned up Virgin customer services I am repeatedly told that there is nothing wrong with the TiVo and it just needs rebooting from time to time - or we need to unplug the box at least once a week - unfortunately the picture playback facility (and the general functions - 'home', 'my shows', and generally changing channels) rarely last for three or four days before reverting to the sub-standard settings we have been used to since not long after the contract with Virgin started. We regained full service after the latest failure yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 12/7/16) today (Wednesday 13/7/16) at about 5.30pm - some 24 hours later? - no updates or info (as promised by text), no one to talk to to explain what the problem was, just silence and no apology. Virgin really don't come across as a company that looks to keep its customers - honestly - fancy making me go back to my sky box so I can get any sort of tv reception at all - I would have thought that would be one of the last options Virgin would want me to take. I think I have been fobbed off with a refurbished TiVo and a customer service that is so disassociated from its parent that it is of no point whatsoever (lip service) as the parent company knows only too well. I am now of the opinion that Virgin are prepared to abandon any useful communication or service until my contract expires and just take my money for a rotten service for as long as they can.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liveoh,

Thanks for the response!

I'm really sorry for the level of service you've had so far. I'd like to get a technician to come out and get your TiVo box sorted.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can get this arranged for you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Liveoh
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear Josh,

This is the same reply you sent me last time which I responded to. If this is the best level of care and concern I am going to get from Virgin it would appear that my conclusions that collecting revenue far outweighs the interest or ability to supply the service I signed up for.

I'll be honest, I don't even know what Virgin Community is - is it a Virgin Customer Service? Or is it a community of Virgin Customers desperately seeking an answer to the dreadful service and interest supplied by Virgin.

Perhaps you might be able to embellish so I can work out whether this is just another time wasting exercise introduced by Virgin to put people off complaining or trying to get reliable service.

0 Kudos