Menu
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV regularly losing signal and going 'blocky'

Already wrote this out once and the internet went off and lost the post. Fun times.

We are regularly seeing the picture on our TV lose signal and go blocky. When it gets really bad it is actually unwatchable. An engineer has already been out once and thought he had made it better, but we are still getting the issue.

He showed me how to check the RS corrected and uncorrected in the diagnostics screen and while the issue was occurring the numbers were very high on the second of the two lists for it.

Getting a bit fed up of the constant issues we have been experiencing in the three weeks since we switched with the TV (and to a lesser extent the broadband) combined with the issues activating our account (which I still don't know if they are fixed since the promised emails from customer care never materialised).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV regularly losing signal and going 'blocky'

Hi sarahg83,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that we're off to a shaky start with the services not working as they should.  I'd like to help check all this out for you and get this sorted. 

Firstly, I haven't been able to locate your account.  I will request further details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response Collette. Our account not showing on the system is one of the persistent issues we've been having, so I'm not surprised it wasn't visible :/ After it got really bad again I called Virgin, so we have an engineer coming out again Saturday afternoon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarahg83,

Thanks for coming back to us here Smiley Happy

When Collette mentioned she was unable to locate your account this was because none of your Forum credentials match your Virgin Media account. This is a regular occurrence with our Community members so nothing to worry about with this. 

I'm glad you've got an engineer booked. Hopefully s/he will be able to resolve things. If you need further assistance then pop back here and let us know.

It'll be great if you could also update us on how the visit goes Smiley Happy

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
sarahg83
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is strange though, as a different forum person had been able to find my account? There appear to be a few different methods of locating and mine doesn't seem to pop up on all of them.

The engineer attended and found what he thought to be the problem (a loose cable inside the wall box), however the problem is still occurring so he was going to have to email his technical people as he was thinking it might be a network issue. Not sure what the latest is on that (and a bit scared of calling, as each call so far has lasted about an hour while I try to talk people through finding our account).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarahg83,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear the issue still isn't resolved.  I would love to check out where we're up to with the Network referral.

I have tried again with no luck to locate your account, if you still have my last private message then please reply with the requested details I will be happy to look into this for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos