Menu
cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV picture breaking up ala poor satellite signal

I'm suffering random picture breakup similar to a poor satellite signal. It mainly affects Ch4 HD but has now started to affect ch 101 BBC1, plus others. Had an engineer call for similar some time back nothing found when he checked, then it got better, but now problem returned.

I'm running the online test but has anyone got similar .. Folkestone area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV picture breaking up ala poor satellite signal

Hello cjb1211,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're experiencing poor picture quality on some of your channels.

I have been able to locate your account but can I just confirm if it's still the same after a mains reboot? Also if you haven't already would you be able to check all the cables at the back are secure.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
cjb1211
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks.. I ran the online diagnostics from the website, undid and re-connected all the the outside connectors in the wall box and rebooted.

So far signal at least on BBC1 seems more stable but this is a recurring problem. I noticed there is a 10db attenuator on the outside T-piece so wondered if it was worth taking this off.? If problem returns I will have to ask for a new box, since another problem i have is the box freezing on catchup, which then needs a reboot.

To be honest I might as well go back to SKY since it was this very problem with poor signal breakup which caused me to try Virgin. 

CJ

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello CJ,

Thank you for doing those checks and as it's a recurring problem I would like to send out one of our team to double check everything and find the root of this problem. If you can click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen then you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos