Menu
GabrielChase
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV packages

If this has already been asked, forgive me. I'm a new community member and got fed up raking through dozens of possibly relevant posts. Been a VM customer since Telewest & NTL merged, and before that Yorkshire Cable. One thing that has always mystified me is why I have to take umpteen channels my wife and I have absolutely no interest in ever watching whilst having to pay for an upgrade just to occasionally access a few I might want to watch every now-and-again. I've heard rumours about DIY packages for years but nothing's ever emerged. Is it too much to ask that customers can put together their own packages and just pay for what they want. After all, I'm not charged for every paper & magazine my local newsagent stocks every time I go in for my morning paper.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV packages

If your waiting for the option to pick and choose individual channels to appear, you are in for a long wait.

VM and the content providers come to an arrangement as to what "tier" a channel is available on.  Other than picking your tier, the only add ons are the like of sports or movie channels which cost extra again. Because of the way the closed system VM run works, thats unlikely to change any time soon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

when i go and buy my morning paper i only want the sports news. But i have to buy the other rubbish as well....
So your comparison is flawed as the paper is much more like the TV packages then you think

Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
GabrielChase
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to watch every programme shown on the channels I want to access. Newspapers like TV channels are indivisible so your argument is invalid. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

GabrielChase wrote:

I understand where you're coming from but I don't want to watch every programme shown on the channels I want to access. Newspapers like TV channels are indivisible so your argument is invalid. 

They only sell channels in packs, this is not going to change at any time soon, it's no good arguing on the forum if you want it to change lobby the channel providers

0 Kudos