Menu
grahamw1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV on the go and Sky Sports for iPhone app

I've seen several other messages about this issue, but they haven't helped me out yet.

When clicking in TV on the go to watch Sky Sports on my iPhone 6 I get a 'Watch on the Sky Sports iPhone app - Exit to watch'. Clicking on that I'm told 'Device Limit Reached', even though my iPhone is one of the 2 registered devices.

I've been into my Virgin Media account, as advised elsewhere, but can't see anything about separately registering my iPhone for the Sky Sports app. 

I've tried deleting the Sky Sports for iPhone app and re-installing it, but still get the same results. 

Help! What else can I do? Should the Sky Sports app be 're-set' by Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV on the go and Sky Sports for iPhone app

Hi grahamw1

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're unable to watch Sky Sports on your iPhone 6.

As TV Anywhere and Sky Sports/Movies have different sections for registering devices, if you sign into your TV Anywhere account through a laptop/PC and on the right hand side under My Profile select Sky Movies & Sky Sports. This will show the 2 devices that are already registered for Sky.

Does it show your iPhone in the list? If not, you can remove one of the devices that are not in use to free a slot. On your iPhone 6 make sure you go onto the Sky Sports app directly and not through TV Anywhere, then select a channel to stream as this will prompt for registration.

Try this an let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
grahamw1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply Sam. I've done both the things you suggest (ie checking through my PC which devices are registered for Sky Sports, and going into the Sky Sports app directly), but without success so far. 

The browser on both my PC and on my iPhone is Google. Is that the root of the problem? I contemplated installing another browser on the iPhone, but that looked to be a bit challenging for the likes of me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamw1

Thanks for getting back in touch.

With TV Anywhere and the Sky apps, Google Chrome is unsupported unfortunately.

On your PC, if you have Internet Explorer or Firefox, this should allow you to sign into your TV Anywhere account to check your devices. Don't worry about the browser on the iPhone as you just need the Sky Sports app installed. 

Let me know if that works for you

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos