Menu
Mayerz
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV keeps stuttering

Tv randomly keeps stuttering. Happens when watching live tv and also recordings. This has only started happenening over the last few days
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Mayerz
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV keeps stuttering

Hi Kath

No I'm having the same issues and to be honest it's really getting on my nerves. The box makes a strange noises as though you can hear it working whilst it's happening. I then have to either pause if it lets me or rewind whatever I'm watching for a minute or so
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mayerz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having an issue with your TV picture stuttering. Since posting I can see you've been in touch with us via the helpline. 

How are things since you've spoken to us? Are you still having the same issues? Checking the account, your TiVo® box stats are all looking good. 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mayerz
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath

No I'm having the same issues and to be honest it's really getting on my nerves. The box makes a strange noises as though you can hear it working whilst it's happening. I then have to either pause if it lets me or rewind whatever I'm watching for a minute or so
0 Kudos
Jackson711
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been having same issue and thought it was just me - I should have known better. VM not the most reliable for tv or broadband it would appear these days 

0 Kudos
kartonuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had awful service from my tv since upgrading to the V6 box. Initially I too had the thing freezing and was not pleased with the Tech Desk help of turn the thing on and off! Eventually an engineer visited and told me that a software gltch was the issue and it was now fixed. So it was but now I get flmy next step is to change providerickering on all channels and on recorded programmes. Gues what the Tech Desk advice is? You got it turn the box on and off.

I do not believe that the box I have paid £65 for is new. When I first used it it contained over 50 "Suggestions" non of which were programmes that I would ever watch. I believe that I have been conned by Virgin marketing and

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

kartonuk wrote:

I have had awful service from my tv since upgrading to the V6 box. Initially I too had the thing freezing and was not pleased with the Tech Desk help of turn the thing on and off! Eventually an engineer visited and told me that a software gltch was the issue and it was now fixed. So it was but now I get flmy next step is to change providerickering on all channels and on recorded programmes. Gues what the Tech Desk advice is? You got it turn the box on and off.

I do not believe that the box I have paid £65 for is new. When I first used it it contained over 50 "Suggestions" non of which were programmes that I would ever watch. I believe that I have been conned by Virgin marketing and

That is interesting as the last I heard, from the VM Tivo expert late last year, was that this is a Tivo rather than VM software issue and it has not been tackled since it is so rare. To the contrary I have seen this issue reported pretty often on these forums and it would appear that it is only rare as VM don't seem to record the reports of its occurrence. It happened on both of my boxes last year and it took VM five months to take the problem seriously.

I have tried to get VM to start taking this issue seriously and log each occurrence when reported but the VM response is to simply silence the messenger, as they have done to me a couple of times. 

So can someone from the Forum team actually confirm that the issue has now been fixed? Wonder if this post will disappear as well.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI Mayerz

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing, I've located your account to see that you've been able to speak to our team about this before posting which is great.

I've also tested the set top box and we're detecting some errors, so as a result I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos