Menu
Professorpeach
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV interference

As with some other members, we have been suffering from interference to our tv signal (both live and on-demand). At times it makes the service unwatchable. The engineer we called out this week to deal with a separate problem - phone not working - said this was a recognised problem with the V+ box and it was being sorted. However, there is no information for Virgin customers to that effect. I think some clarification is required!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV interference

I have 2 V+ boxes, & neighbours have them also, & none of us have these problems, so I do not think this issue affects all boxes or all areas.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Professorpeach,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V+ box.

What sort of interference do you get on screen? Does it pixelate, freeze, blank out or all of the above?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just had my fourth engineer out since April.

fault is the horn noise followed by the flashing horizontal white bars on screen accompanied with a loss of picture and sound. May occur once or twice a night or three times in an hour.only on channel 113.

going back to April. V+ box was changed twice. One engineer explained that it was a known network fault. Another said he had never heard of such a fault.

Virgin sent out a circular with a fault reference number and then advised me the fault was located and fixed. Four months later it is still happening.

in desperation before this latest engineer called I contacted Virgin. By email I explained in great detail all about the fault. I stressed that I thought it was a waste of engineers time to call and could they pass my detailed explanation on to the engineers to ensure they woul be fully briefed before coming. The response I got was that the engineers would never look at anything like that as they wanted first hand info from me! I suspect that the fault reporting goes to a call centre where some may not care whether the customer gets servic

ae or not.

anyhow the engineer came out, I explained the fault and he immediately said it was a known network fault. Part of the service in my area comes through BT optics and there is a problem deciding whose fault the problem is or words to that effect. Absolutely no problem with the engineer as he was very helpful and apologetic that he could do nothing for me.

so I am back to square one. I will give it two weeks to see if it is sorted and if not will press the matter to a consumer body. I'll keep you all informed.

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re my previous post a few minutes ago. Two of my daughters have Virgin media tv. Neither has an interference problem.

one lives in the next street and the other less than a mile away! 

0 Kudos
Needawin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Me again and on and on it goes.

one of the reasons my boxes were changed some months ago was for a different fault.

does anyone else have the following fault occurring?

my wife was just now watching Emmerdale on delay tv. Half way through the programme changed to this afternoons edition of Dickinsons Real Deal! 

Only way to get rid of it was to go back to live tv and miss half of Emmerdale. Bad for the wife good for me!

i do not want to ring the fault number and be told that an engineer will have to come out despite my insistence that these must be network faults. Anyone know where or how I can speak to an actual person who is prepared to listen and act.

anyone else ever had this fault.

i think Sky will be getting a new customer soon!

0 Kudos
Professorpeach
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Josh. Thank you for your response.

The picture freezes and pixelates. The equivalent happens to the sound - silence and garbled noise alternating. The radio channels through the V+ box also have the silence/noise effect. It comes and goes, but when it comes it's not possible to watch/listen.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Professorpeach

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, sorry again for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service.

I've been able to locate your account and test the set top box form our end, we're seeing some problems with the box from our end, so I'd like to arrange for an engineer to take a closer look, if you're available?

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos