Menu
SL8t7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV in different room to router and cable point?

So, the cable comes into our living room, its fine where it is as far as the router is concerned - however, our TV is down the other end of the room, and the cable is nowhere near long enough. I phoned Virgin and spoke to someone in the Philippines who clearly didn't understand what I was asking. They put me through to the new installation team, which I figured at least makes little sense, but they then put me through to the faults team because she couldn't get her head around what I was telling her. Frustrating!!

Anyway, rant over. The reason I am here is that I know I can't be the first guy in this kinda situation. What do I do? Have another point installed for the TV? (Idea of the cost?). Can I find an 'extension' cable? (I did a little research, but it looks like the info I found was out of date?)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV in different room to router and cable point?

What is your situation?

Are you an existing broadband customer adding TV via a QuickStart installation?

0 Kudos
SL8t7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Existing phone/broadband/tv customer, moved property, upgraded package.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

QuickStart or manned instal?

If manned, the engineer will lay cable to where you need your devices.

If QuickStart, I suggest you change to manned install.

0 Kudos
SL8t7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quick start (already installed), but I told them at the time I would need an engineer to deal with the TV. They said I could arrange it post set up.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You were badly informed.

You should have been advised to do a manned install.

You will need to phone to arrange a manned install. The charge for this is now £99 as a non-fault call-out. It would have cost less at initial install. Not sure what - maybe zero, £20 or max £40.

You will need to be clear that you don't want to pay any more than you should have, given the wrong advice previously given.

0 Kudos
SL8t7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Ernie, who do I contact regarding this?

Whenever I phone I get through to either India or the Philippines, and more often than not there is a language barrier that results in them not fully understanding what I am trying to get addressed. Is there a way to do this by email?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Go through the UK based Retentions department (150 Option 1, 4, 5). Their prime purpose is to stop people leaving, but they can do far more than that.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile