Menu
sch
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV guide

Since we are now paying an arm and leg for the service, would it be too much trouble to have a TV guide that is correct?

All week channel 275 (crime and inv) has been incorrect,  utterly useless if you want to set it up to record programmes.

BT is looking better and better everyday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV guide

Hi sch

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TV guide at the moment. Could you try the following to see if that helps?

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

If you're still getting problems after that, get in touch and I'll take another look.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

thanks for your reply however we don't have a TiVo, it's an v+ box, another reason for looking at other TV providers, we don't recieve the full channel line up even though we pay full price.

However today the guide seemed to be right, you just can't trust it anymore.

Would your instructions also apply to our type box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sch,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Sorry for the mix-up, the instructions Craig has given only apply to the TiVo®. If you get any more trouble with the V+ guide, give me a shout and I'll take a look.

Are you missing channels from your package? If so, what channels are you missing? If you try to view one of the channels, what appears on screen (error code, message)?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

an instance of this is ITV 4, which according to the TV guide should now be showing Storage WarsTexas but the programme is actually Cash Cowboys 

We don't appear to be missing any channels other than those which are TiVo only,  which we obviously  pay for but don't get.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sch, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

For any errors such as this you can report at the following email address: tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk. 

I know that you have a standard V+ box however this email will work for you too. 

If there is anything else I can do to help, let us know and we can help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

thanks for your reply, it's just extremely annoying paying £94.00 a month, that something very basic is wrong and as previously said useless if you wish to record anything. Good job we're on a rolling contract.

We will keep the email address for future reference .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

sch wrote:

Hello again

an instance of this is ITV 4, which according to the TV guide should now be showing Storage WarsTexas but the programme is actually Cash Cowboys 

We don't appear to be missing any channels other than those which are TiVo only,  which we obviously  pay for but don't get.

The obvious question here is why don't you phone & upgrade. TiVO packages are more often than not cheaper than the ones for legacy boxes now. Box changes are all self-installs now so no wait for an engineer. Some customers are even getting the new V6 box ahead of the official launch, so you never know.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well one answer to that is that some people do not actually want a TiVo whether a new version or not.

I am very satisfied with my V+ box which does everything I want and more as I instruct it to without attempting to think for itself and failing dismally.

Obviously at some time in the future they will suffer enforced redundancy  but I still will not have a TiVo - personal choice despite VMs apparent belief that everyone should want one.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

As you can see from my signature I still have mine, but their days are numbered now.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos