Menu
CarlieErin
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV functions and internet not working

Hi,

None of the TV functions including, TV guide and on demand are working and internet seems to be down.
Only function working is my shows.
Run on line test and rebooted but have not seen a difference.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV functions and internet not working

Have you checked the Service Status for your area?

There is currently an issue affecting both TV and broadband in my area in Central Scotland.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi CarlieErin

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, I'm seeing some problems in your local area (Reference F004832228).

We're expecting this issue to be resolved by this evening, so if you're still experiencing issues after tonight, get in touch and I'll take another look right away.

Apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Craig_D, I'd appreciate if you can have a look at my TiVo.

The problem from Service Status in my area has been resolved but I am still having issues.

I did see a van in my area and my SNR on all three tuners is now higher than before but I am still seeing either short, infrequent bursts of pixelation or even short blank screen episodes.

The issue also affects my broadband. My wife was seeing pauses on FaceTime yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ernie

I've taken a look at the TiVo and we're seeing it as offline at the moment, was the box turned on at the time of this post?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, @Craig_D, box is and has been in use today.

According to my TV Anywhere app, a second, phantom TiVo has appeared. How can I identify for you my real TiVo? TiVo service number? MAC address? I could supply these by PM.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

In addition, I currently am unable to connect to the TV Anywhere app with the following error message:

Error:stationSearch
Code:mindUnavailable

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ernie

Thanks for the response, if you want to send over the MAC addresses I'll compare it to what we have for you.

It sounds like you might need an engineer to come and take a closer look at the box, I've sent you information regarding that in a private message.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

PM sent with MAC address.

Thanks for your prompt assistance, Craig.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ernie

That's the MAC address we've got for your TiVo boxMan Happy

Testing the box again I'm now seeing it as online and it's not reporting any issues at the moment. There are some errors being reported since the last reboot but for now, I'd keep an eye on the live feed and if you're noticing any bursts of pixelation or blank screens then we'll take another look.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos