Menu
johnrob1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV control

I am getting very frustrated watching my TV. Whenever I use my hand control to view channels etc. I press the relevant button then have to wait at least 30 - 60secs before it does anything ? I expect to go immediately to where I want as soon as I press button. How can I stop this and make it quicker to respond. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV control

Hello johnrob1,

Sorry to hear this is happening and I would like to welcome you to the community.

First of all I would like to make sure the remote isn't faulty so if you press the buttons on the front of your Virgin box is the response time the same?

Also if you reboot the box at the mains is there any difference?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello johnrob1,

Sorry to hear this is happening and I would like to welcome you to the community.

First of all I would like to make sure the remote isn't faulty so if you press the buttons on the front of your Virgin box is the response time the same?

Also if you reboot the box at the mains is there any difference?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
johnrob1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, sorry the bad news is no difference after trying all suggestions. Don't know why so slow. It is very annoying waiting all this time to respond. Also when I'm recording a channel, often it continues to record next program on channel without my knowledge and that interferes with other recordings as they clash. I waist time having to stop one recording I didn't set which means missing start of program I'm watching, Another very annoying factor about Virgin. I never had these problems with Sky.

0 Kudos
amelia_fraggle2
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah we have this trouble too. If you go to your recording settings you can limit the length of time after a program that it records, I found this when exploring the home button. You can also limit your series link to just recordings not streaming as this is really slow and series link records every episode ever if you don't change the settings
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm, do you have one of these:

these:

these:

or one of these?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
johnrob1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the second one down on list. Is this one ok or should I have a better one. I have XL package and 55'' TV.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmmm, when was the last time you powered the box off and on again?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos