Menu
telkir
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV codes for old style silver VM remote (RC16401)

We have one of the first generation VM remotes, silver in colour. Through various Google searches I think that it's the RC16401 model.

remote.jpg

Unfortunately I can no longer find the information on the VM website about how to program this remote to control the volume of a new TV.

Can anyone please point me in the direction of where the find the TV codes for this remote?

0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV codes for old style silver VM remote (RC16401)

Hi telkir 

Found this .

Hope it helps 

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
telkir
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi gooding5, thanks for the reply - yes, that was the first page I found on VM and the one I had tried to use, but nowhere on that page does it show the remote that I pictured in my original post.

I went through a few codes in trial and error on the different PDFs linked there but as none of them seemed to work, I didn't really want to continue when there was no guarantee that any of them would work - thought I'd ask first to be sure.

I'll go and try the remainder of the codes I didn't check yet to see if any work and post back again if I still have problems.

0 Kudos
telkir
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the double post.

I've now tried all of the codes for the make of the TV I am trying to link the remote with (Panasonic). None of them appear to work.

As per this page, The PDFs I've looked at are this one (remote type 9 & 10), this one (remote type 11), and this one (remote type 12).

Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos