Menu
STARRYCHATS
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV catch up

I am sick and tired of being told that there is 'a higher than expected demand in my area - please try again later'.  I pay a fortune every month to VM and expect to be able to watch catch up when I choose.  GET IT SORTED VM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV catch up

Does this only happen at certain times of the day, or do you get the message at any time you try to use OD?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

STARRYCHATS
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No pattern to it and bloody annoying!!!!

I also have a problem with the series Madam Secretary as several episodes refuse to load.

BT have laid cables along my road recently and I am sorely tempted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If there is no area fault on the service status, then report the fault as VM may not know about it. Most likely this is a local node or headend issue rather than actual over utilisation.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

STARRYCHATS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't give a damm what the problem is.  VM need to sort it otherwise I will be leaving!!!!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What did VM-faults say when you reported it to them? I presume you have tried to report it, so at least you can't be accused of not making them aware?

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi STARRYCHATS,

Thank you for coming back and posting again Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the TV Catch Up services not working as they should be. 

I can confirm that there is some change work that's happening today to help with the Interactive and streaming services.

This should take today and you may see an improvement from tomorrow. Please can you keep me updated here?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
STARRYCHATS
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it's worse.  I'm getting the following error messages - 

I'm also a tad peeved that I can't email you when I have a problem as you expect me to phone one of your employees on a different continent to try to explain the problems I'm having.

Get it sorted or I'll be leaving.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi STARRYCHATS,

Thanks for the reply and welcome back to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about this and would love to look into this. I've been able to run some tests and i've not been able to see anything of an outage or anything regarding signal levels or timeouts on the box. 

Can I confirm that this is working now, or are you still receiving the errors you've listed above?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
STARRYCHATS
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There are no BBC1 programmes on catch-up for yesterday (19 Jan) and I'm still getting Error 9001 when I try to watch some episodes (eg ep 3) of Madam Secretary.