Menu
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TV and V+ Box Issues since Friday

hi,

Had major issues with the above starting on Friday.Loss of channels but would play recorded programmes.Checked online and saw it was showing as a fault in our area which was supposedly repaired late last night.Now we have our TV channels but cannot play recorded programmes.When we try and play recorded programmes then go back to TV,channels won't change.

Theres no good time to lose a service but on a weekend it's worse

I have two boxes,a TiVo and V+ box....Issue is only on the V+ box

Carried out an online test on both boxes and result for both are inconclusive

Any  help appreciated

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV and V+ Box Issues since Friday

First thing I would do is give the box a proper "Cold Start". There is a switch at the back above the power lead (if you have a Samsung). Turn the box off there (obviously not when recording or playing back), & leave it off for a good 10 - 15 mins, then turn it back on & leave it a few more minutes to re-organise itself. If you still get the same issues, we can start some troubleshooting.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for that will try that later

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tried your fix but unfortunately did not resolve my issue

When I try to play a recorded programme(timer stays at 0000000)and then go back to TV can't change .V+box sits at 00000 when trying to change channels.Have to reboot again for TV to change channels but recorded programmes still don't work

This is now 4 days paying for a service not receiving

help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

In that case what is needed is a call to faults, as Virgin will not be aware you have continuing issues. They can check the box remotely to see if signal issues are causing problems. More than likely you will need a tech visit either to adjust levels or replace the box.

You can either ring 150 from any Virgin phone or the Smartcall app (0345 454 1111 if a non phone customer), use online chat (via the "Contact Us" link below), or wait here for the Forum Team to follow this up, which may take several days.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that

Gave them a call,ran a number of tests,no joy?Appears to be a hardware issue and have a tech visit scheduled for tomorrow morning

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimLad

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I'm glad to hear that you've got an engineer appointment planned though. 

I'd love to hear how it goes, if you need any assistance after the visit we'll be here Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JimLad
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Took  three seperate visits from the the engineer,two replacement V+ boxes and new remote but everything seems fine for now thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi JimLad, 

Thank you for getting back to the Community and updating. Craig's not currently In however I'll be sure to pass this news over to him. I'm really pleased to hear that this has made a difference and is working well now. A quick glance at your connection shows that the TiVo is responding well to my tests and you should resume a normal service Smiley Happy

In all essence if there's anything that you feel that the Team, Craig or I can help you with in the future please just pop over a message Smiley Happy

Take care and happy Viewing Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
stevieg1
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ive got the exact same issue - except it also happens when i try to pause live tv.......the icon on screen says its paused but it aint........the i end up having to reboot just to change channel - 150 help desk cant find a fault and are sending a new remote ! help ! this also happens when using only the buttons on box whithout touchin the dam remote............another weekend up the spout

0 Kudos