Menu
AlanDeal
Just joined
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Subscription Channels

Hi Virgin Viewers - first question since joining I will be changing my TV selection and Virgin has included Sportscol which I've been told means Sports Collection. Will I be able to continue viewing Sky Sports 1 to 5. Only any search I've attempted returns "nothing found". Thanks Alan
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Subscription Channels

hi alan deal it depends what package subscription you have if your on xl subscription which as changed its name to house collection you can add the sky sports package to which ever current package you have im not sure if the sports collection gets added you may have to ring help team on phone 150 or mob 0345 454 11111 its down to packages or 1 off the forum team will help jonni any forum team help please

0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Up till last night I watched Discovery channel (250) on what is now called Fun channel.

Today on selecting to watch a program on Discovery I now find it is a subscription channel (message to that effect comes on screen).

Channel is greyed out on the program listing, what is happening?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Grey channels are subscription only but I can't figure why you have a message on screen discovery channel is part off a subscription package I'll check on mine to see if I get the message because mIne is available through xl
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi brian y it must be a subscription channel if you get a message on screen stating to ring 150 or 0345 454 1111 and its blank then you have to ring in whichever package you own according to mine its down as discovery because i have a subscription for basic tv not sport or any other
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The package was originally called TV L, this package as I recall had always included Discovery channel.
[On the package line up, Discovery is included]
Unless someone says different?
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi brian ive checked mine on 250 and its down as discovery but your package is known as large in virgin media bundles and discovery should be available on most tv packages mine is down as house tv which is included in xl subscription jonni
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Heads up update!
Just come off the phone to Virgin, as and when TV packages changed from L/XL etc the channels have been re organised!
Some included channels from L have been deleted, channels moved up to a more expensive package!
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

more like being moved to house tv which is now xl and medium there all new names now thanks brian y
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I asked for the program website to be updated to reflect the changes!
0 Kudos