Menu
AndyButler90
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Repeatedly Cuts Out

Hi Everyone,

My Virgin TV is repeatedly cutting out every 5 minutes or so. Both audio and visual completely cut out for 1 or 2 seconds and then it comes back on again. 

I have checked all my wires in the back of the TiVo box and my TV and I have also reseted the Tivo box.

I know that it is the TiVo box because everything else running on my TV (Apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick) is working fine. 

I have also logged online and ran a remote test from the virgin media website and it says that everything is working fine. 

Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Repeatedly Cuts Out

Hi AndyButler90

Welcome to the Virgin Community, I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your TV service recently, it's really not something we want for you!

I'd like to help to get this resolved and I've been able to locate your account to run some tests. We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment, can you talk me through how your TiVo box is connected to your TV? If it's using a HDMI cable, would you be able to try a different one? Or that one on a different device? (lDVD player etc)

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
tcyp
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy

Hi andy ive been having the same problem since about last august.my tv keeps going off with an error message to phone virgin. I have now contacted virgin 3 times about this and they say there is nothing wrong. Ive done everything they have asked me to do and still no luck. They keep saying they will monitor my equipment for 24 hours and that i am to phone them back if i still have a problem within 24 hours but my tv will work properly for a few days but willthen start playing up again so i then have tongo through the same process. I have asked for an engineer to visit my address and he didnt turn up i stayed in all day. Ive asked for new equipment and that was a definate no. Do virgin think the equipment will last forever i have had mine for years. I am now thinking i may have to find a new provider.

Please let me know if you have more luck than me.

0 Kudos
IS300h
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thought it was just me with this annoying issue ,tonight i have had the picture & sound go off for about 3 seconds on 3 occasions

twice on cbeebies and once so far on bbc1 in 30 minurtes ,i have been facing these problems since november and in december i have had 4

engineer visits 2 of them field engineers ,on one occasion 2 techs came out and told me we can't deal with this as it needs to go back to the network team

,on the last visit on the 29th december they found a damaged cable in the cabinet

we thought this would solve our problems but it hasn't ,i am glad virgin is putting up their price on the 1st of feb as i am going to

give them my 30 days notice to leave on the 30th jan 2016 to get out of my contract 8 months early due to the **bleep** level of service they provide

any wonder richard branson sold the company as he only want to be associated with QUALITY products and have great customer service.

i am even considering going back to TALKTALK that shows how bad things are getting.

0 Kudos
IS300h
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

we have now had 7 incidents of picture quality between 18.42 to 22.05

really bad service this is definately not what i signed up for

virgin slate their rivals as their cabling is outdoors and can cause loads

of issues ,and with virgins cabling being underground they are protected

but not against rats & mice that like to chew through the cables and why wouldn't

they like it underground its dry and the heat generated from the cables

creates a nice place for them to setup home and breed

0 Kudos
200h
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

after moaning at VM for ages i managed to have a cable pull completed at the end of January

and guess what no issues and its mid April now,just goes to show what VM techs know

i was told its not the cable on so many occasions and this wasted so much time.

0 Kudos