Menu
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Recording and Listings

I recorded a film on Movies 4 Men and found there is a break in it, when I pressed play the film started at the beginning. I did it yesterday with another film and the film freezes midway through and you have to press play but it started a long way on from where it froze so missed a lot.

If you look at the listings today 19 Sept the films on Movies 4 Men have breaks in them with 5 min clips, one film is Silverado at 13.00, so they stop mid way and sometimes restart at the begining.

Another moan, I recorded ' The Sentinel' with Michael Douglas a few weeks ago sat down to watch it and it was not that film, some other rubbish, this has happened a few times and the film is not the one shown in the listings.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Recording & Listings

Hi Gurslad, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your recordings via your TiVo®.

When you say the programmes have adverts, this is the same as most programmes so it shouldn't affect the recording. Have you noticed it happening on other programmes? 

I've taken a look at the account and the box stats are looking good. There isn't any concerns with that. 

With regards to the incorrect listings, we get these from the broadcaster. Any updates that come through we do try to push however sometimes it's too late. You can pop any examples of incorrect listings over to TiVoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk. 

Let us know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gurslad
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. They are not adverts they are 5 minute video's,the one they are showing now is Flight Bites - Fascinating Aviation Facts featuring past and present.Aircraft.

Gurslad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gurslad, 

My mistake, I mis-understood what you meant. 

The 5 minutes break clips, are these scheduled on the guide? 

(I.E - 13:00- Film 13:45 - Clip 13:50 - Film)

If so the TiVo® could quite possibly be thinking the film has finished. When attempting to record, are you selecting the film itself or does it give you the option to record a series? 

If that doesn't work, try setting up a manual recording instead where you can select the Channel you want to record and from what times. This may be a good way to ensure you don't miss anything again. 

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos