Menu
pete701
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Pixelation

Can anyone help or advise. For sometime now we have been experiencing pixilation on our tv. We have now purchased a 49inch Sony 4k tv and the problem seems to be worse. Is this problem caused by the TiVo?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Pixelation

The modems in the TiVo are only capable of (I think) 10Mbit. If you're trying to watch HD and you have a lot of congestion it's possible it could be that. You should rule out everything else though such as trying another HDMI cable and resetting your TiVo.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.

All Replies
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How long is your HDMI lead?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It could be signal issues which you can have assessed if you give them a ring.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
pete701
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi, 1 metre in length and good quality.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have broadband as well? What are your speeds like? Pixelation is likely to be either the lead connecting your set top box to the TV (have you tried another?), the quality of the channel (are you watching HD channels?) or lack of bandwidth.

0 Kudos
pete701
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I do have broadband and the speed does vary considerably although I have not checked it during the evening when the pixilation problem seems to be worse. I will be contacting VM later today and report the problem.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The modems in the TiVo are only capable of (I think) 10Mbit. If you're trying to watch HD and you have a lot of congestion it's possible it could be that. You should rule out everything else though such as trying another HDMI cable and resetting your TiVo.

pete701
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I will try your recommendations, thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wonkotsane wrote:

?!?!?!?

The modem within the TiVo has nothing to do with broadcast TV.

Ring in and get your signal levels assessed.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos