Menu
David6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Packs

Are Virgin going to look at rearranging some of the TV packs. The packs need to be customised to the age group. Me for example, I do not need all the children's channels or the music channels, could I not have others to replace these if I dropped to a smaller package.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Packs

Hi there David6,

I’d like to thank you for your post, and say that whilst there are currently no plans that I’m aware of to change the content of our TV bundles, we do try and cater to all needs and tastes. This will be why you will see across all of the TV packs we have a peppering of several genres so that someone will find something that they require.

We’re always listening to suggestions, and where possible will act upon these, that is what is so great about these forums, it gives people the chance to discuss things, whilst we may not be able to please all of the people, all of the time, when we listen to our customer’s we are working towards that goal.

I’m intrigued to find out how you would see the custom aged TV packs, I’m a 21 year old guy (with a lot of VAT Smiley Wink ) and like all genres, I like having the Kids TV channels, which isn’t my priority, but is great for when the nieces and nephews call around, I enjoy some documentaries, and some action TV, out of all the channels that I get at home, I probably watch 10 regularly, and another 10 every now and then, but knowing that there is more choice available, I can normally find something of interest.

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
David6
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw

whilst the current TV packs might be okay for you, I find that they are filled with a lot of channels that are just used to fill the packs, and to obtain some of the channels I might watch I have to have the largest pack available. Why cannot we remove the children's channel the music channels and the shopping channels from some of these packs and add other channels. For example I can only get True Movies 1, National Geographic, and H2 if I have the larger packs, these should be made available on the lower packages if you want them. The ITV 2,3 and 4 HD channels are only on the XL package.

Also on the old boxes that we had when it was NTL and at the start of Virgin we had a programme reminder on there, and a function to move all unsubscribed channels to the back of the guide. Can this not be put back on, as at the moment there is only a record and remind function on the Tivo box. 

kind regards

David Manning

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm not aware of any TV subscription provider allowing you to pick and chose channels although I could be wrong (I haven't searched). It would be a great idea though.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo does have a remind function which is actually IMHO better than the one on V+.

It's called Record and Remind. It works exactly the same as the Remind function on other boxes but is better because it will record the program also in case you aren't beside the box when the program starts.

0 Kudos