Menu
r4a
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV M package

if package M basically means all freeview channels how come i cannot get some of the free view channels even though they are in the channel finder ? there are some channels i would like to watch such as Sonymovies and cbs Action should i complain or phone and ask the question ? You should be able to view these channels , shouldn't you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV M package

Virgin is not freeview all broadcasters must decide if they wish to pay Virgin and be free or take a cut of the pack they decide to be on, some channels available free to air have decided that they will be on a higher pack on Virgin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV M Package

There is no rule or law anywhere that all "free" packages must be the same. It is a commercial market & is driven by how much the channel owners are prepared to pay the TV platform owner to join the service. Add to this that Virgin is a pay platform, & as said above, joining higher packs means a return on the channel owners outlay.

The only channels that MUST be provided free on all platforms are BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, & Channels 4 & 5. All the others are subject on commercial agreements.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile