Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Going crazy

While watching TV today it keeps on switching to YouTube.

What do I do.............before I throw the rermote at the screen

0 Kudos
vwillcox
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Going crazy

Is somebody in the house trying to stream to the TV (you can ask Youtube to stream to your TiVO box from a phone, tablet or PC/Mac).

If so then it will switch over without asking

My Speed
300Mb/s.
0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Only me in the house, it hasn't happened for a couple of days now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruv

This is a bit of a strange one! Does it try loading you to a certain video, or just loading you into the homepage?

Hopefully this was just a temporary blip, but if you're still experiencing the issue just let me know Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It has happened several times now, probably 4-6, over the period from just before this thread started.

First time it wouldn't stop occurring until I turned everything off and turned it back on again.

It happened yesterday, as it happens, but I just went into the Guide and returned to the program I was watching.

What exactly happens is the screen goes blank for a moment then the entry page for Youtube shows briefly and then the rotating symbol of video streaming, by that time I am on it with my remote pressing buttons all over the place to stop it.

It can be very very annoying if you are really into something interesting.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bruv, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community Smiley Happy

This is quite and interesting one to say and also I can just imagine your frustration! 

I do have some good news, I have been able to see that the services in the home have detectable issues that I'd like to help with and certainly organise and engineer out so we can properly resolve the issue. As there's no Outages currently operating in the area this would be the best course of action.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You lot at Virgin are just trying to win me over aren't you?

Keep it up and I will probably praise you for everything.................even your public relations/problem resolution.

For the record I have always praised your BB and have never had any reason to complain about the telephone, I did have an issue with a mobile some time ago, but considering the amount of time I have been a Virgin user, I can't really complain

Thanks very much BenD-H I have PM'd you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bruv Smiley Very Happy 

It's really nice to hear that I've made a lasting impression, you're too kind Smiley Happy

Just to let you know I've popped you back a PM and I hope that it is to your liking. 

Please let myself or one of the team know how the visit goes and I wish everything is sorted for you soon Smiley Happy

Take care and hope you're enjoying your Monday evening.

Ben Smiley Happy

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The nice Virgin engineer arrived today as arranged following several texts reminding me about his visit.

After my explaining the exact details of what had happened he did some readings (I think) with some gadget he had.

He said it was a mystery because the box should only react to positive input of some kind, and moving through to Youtube is quite complicated set of operations to arrive at randomly several times, so he suggested it was either my energy saving lights or the keys on the remote control sticking. He had seen energy saving bulbs change a box under controlled conditions, and that sunlight could sometimes act like a remote.

Anyway.......he exchanged my remote just in case it was that, and tweaked the TV set to accept the volume control from the single remote.

Thanks Virgin...............never thought I would hear that from my lips.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bruv, 

Thanks for your update Smiley Happy

It's great to hear that the engineer was able to get things sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos