Menu
pb30531
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Fault Ref : 3202 & 3204

Hello,

I would be grateful for any suggestions re the following fault that occurs with a V Box installed in a bedroom. A downstairs Tivo box performs perfectly and does not  exhibit any of the following faults.

In December I reported that I was unable to view 12 HD channels most of which were indicating fault 3202 or 3204. After about a week and a couple of phone calls it was decided to send out an engineer. However whilst awaiting the engineers visit I was suddenly able to receive all of the previously faulty channels and the system performed OK for some weeks.

Now virtually a month later the same fault has arisen again affecting all the same HD channels  with the difference that when viewing the faulty channels the next day I note that I am receiving about 6 of the 12 although I havent watched any of them for more than a few minutes at a time. A reboot and removing and then re inserting the smart card etc doesnt help.

Is it possible that I could have a faulty V box which was supplied new in August 2015 along with a new router around the same time ?. I mention this as it seems strange that the Tivo box downstairs supplied off the same cable has and is  working perfectly. Other HD channels work OK so its not a fault  affecting all HD channels  just the 12 in question ( 111,145,168,176.177,178,191,194,199,249,280 & 311)

Incidentally I have tried phoning 150 and 151 but when I select option 1 I just get a constant warble so after 4 attempts at that today I have given up.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Fault Ref : 3202 & 3204

Hi pb30531

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're still experiencing the issues. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pb30531

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this if you're still experiencing the issues. I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pb30531
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Virgin Engineer attended this evening and he found a number of faults which, as I write, seems to have overcome the fault. I say 'initially' because the fault was and always has been, intermittent. One day all would be well then on another the problem would be there. However in view of what was found I am fairly confident that the problem has now  been resolved but  the engineer will give me a phone call in a few days just to check.

On testing a poor signal was found on some of the HD channels  and the following faults were rectified -:

A possible faulty coax wire - replaced

An in line signal reductor - removed  

The 675mhz Channel was showing 4000 errors ( yes 4000) and was reduced to 7

Some appropriate adjustment to a 'street cabinet'

There also seems to be an improvement in picture quality but I will become more aware of that as I settle to watch a program (s) over the next few days.

Thanks for your help Craig in what has been an ongoing problem for literally some years which I am fairly confident has now been fixed, but time will tell.

0 Kudos
pb30531
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update - Reference the fault described, it has been over 2 weeks now without problem so I think it has been resolved by the Engineers visit.
0 Kudos