Menu
hamtrektng
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Care not available

Has anyone got any current issues accessing TV Care in the 'Help, Virgin TV, Got a Problem' Menu?

I seem to be getting 'This service is currently unavailable. Try again later' on screen message.

TV Care is mainly used to check for smart card error messages and to reboot your VM+ box.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Care not available

Hi hamtrektng,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an error when using the TV Care feature.  I'll be happy to look at this for you.

I have checked our office TV and it seems to be working fine at the moment.  Does this temporarily unavailable message give you a number/code to quote?  If so let me know what it is and it will help me narrow down what the issue is for you.

Also, do you get this error when using anything else like On Demand or any of the TiVo® Apps?

If you don't mind me asking, did you have a different fault that prompted you to go to the TV Care feature?

If you can let me know how you get on, I'm here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

hamtrektng
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well it seems to come up with it when I try to access the 3 options displayed such as 'Reset your TV Pin, Missing TV Channels etc.'

I am not getting any error numbers just the message.

Just to note that this concerns my newly replaced V+HD box

Hope this is useful

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hamtrektng,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have been able to carry out some checks with the box remotely,  There is a couple of detectable signal issues that need addressing.  This may not be the direct cause of this fault but it's something I'd like to get fixed via an engineer if you're happy for me to arrange an appointment for you?

I will send you some details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
hamtrektng
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As this is a low priority situation, I would like to monitor this a bit longer for any changes that may occur.

Thanks

hamtrektng

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

that's no problem hamtrektng,

Let me know if things develop or if you have any further queries Smiley Happy

Have a lovely week end.

Collette.

0 Kudos
hamtrektng
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Regarding the TV Care access issue, I have been able to get into TV Care only to the point of 'Reboot box' and 'Go to TV Care' dialogue box. Upon selecting TV Care sub menu, no matter what number I choose, it still states 'This service is currently unavailable, Please try again later'. Can this be fixed please. Also adding to that I am experiencing 'intermittent' picture breakup on GOLD channel which seems to occur almost every day now, Could be a sign of signal return path issues from our outside box i don't know.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi hamtrektng,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I have taken another look at your box remotely and the signal levels are fine this time round.  At present I am unable to locate a cause for this issue.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round and check all the equipment/wiring out for you if that's alright?

I will send you a private message.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos